Author Topic: Sins of a Solar Empire / Star Trek - Sacrifice of Angels 2  (Read 1930 times)

Offline Cababs

• Master General
Sins of a Solar Empire / Star Trek - Sacrifice of Angels 2
« on: February 02, 2015, 03:00:32 PM »
Sins of a Solar Empire

So you may be asking yourself, what is Sins of a Solar Empire?

Sins of a Solar Empire is a science fiction real-time strategy computer game developed by Ironclad Games and published by Stardock Entertainment. Sins of a Solar Empire is a RTS game that incorporates some elements from 4X strategy games; its makers describe it as "RT4X." In the game, players are given control of a spacefaring empire in the distant future, and are tasked with conquering star systems using military, economic and diplomatic means.

Now that the Wikipedia portion is over with, let me tell you why I have brought it to your attention.

For the scale of the game its graphics are still brilliant for a 2008 game and that is was one of the few games that the "community" could mod without making it a total conversion mod.

One such mod is Star Trek - Sacrifice of Angels 2, which in turn is a mod based from Homeworld

http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-trek-sacrifice-of-angels-2
http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-trek-sacrifice-of-angels-2/videos/soa2-003-cinematic-test

What is even better is that Sins of a Solar Empire is on Steam. The Trinity version, which is the original sins with Entrenchment and Diplomacy, is a steal for £15. although I already have a copy of the original sins I am very tempted to get the Trinity version.

If you like me only have the original sins and don't feel like modding it, its no problem. this is one of the few games that the multiplayer aspects are still active, the service not the players.

I would sing wonderus songs of the day we do battle in the multiplayer world of Sins of a Solar Empire
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 11:27:39 AM by Cababs »
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (can vary on monthly basis)
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
RAM: 8GB
External GFX card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB

Offline Feargan

• Commodore
  • Unfound Engineer
    • UNFOUND
Re: Sins of a Solar Empire / Star Trek - Sacrifice of Angels 2
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 07:20:56 PM »
First, I must unfortunately point out that the StarTrek-SacrificeOfAngels2 Mod is for the 'Rebellion' version of Sins of a Solar Empire, not the 'Trinity' version. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=226050103#174120
Sadness.

Anyway, that said, I really LOVED this game when it first came out but had no one with which to play it. Now, I'll pick up one game or the other. Cababs, you must make the decision. I will pick up whichever you decide, but you (and hopefully others) must pick up a copy as well. We could make REALLY kick ass games that last weeks or just hours. I'm fine with either game, I just want to get the one we're going to play. 8) If I'm honest, I'm leaning towards 'Trinity' even though that precludes using the SacrificeOfAngels2 mod. This is for 2 reasons: 1) It's only $20 / £15  2) It is likely to be more stable as will be any mods made for it. But, it is up to you. If you demand new hotness, there shall be new hotness. Cababs, you must choose, but choose wisely. For while one game will bring epic songs of glory, beer, and great fun, the other shall bring...  ??? epic songs of glory, beer, and great fun...

This is gonna be so fuckin' sweet!  ;D
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 07:41:38 PM by Feargan »

Offline Cababs

• Master General
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 03:22:42 AM »
Ah yes, this is the version for trinity/diplomacy http://www.moddb.com/mods/sacrifice-of-angels-2-trinity-collection/downloads/soa2-full-version-for-diplomacy-trinity.

Rebellion is different again.

Offline Feargan

• Commodore
  • Unfound Engineer
    • UNFOUND
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 04:06:24 AM »
 :o  You mean...  :o
THERE'S ONE FOR BOTH?!?

*Pulls out wallet*
So, we're buying the Trinity version on Steam, right?  :o

Offline Cababs

• Master General
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 04:23:50 PM »
Make it So!

Offline Feargan

• Commodore
  • Unfound Engineer
    • UNFOUND
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 09:29:21 AM »
IT HAS BEGUN!  :o

Offline Daedrus

• Division Commander
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 06:15:41 PM »
Looks awesome! I played Star Trek Armada quite a bit as a youngster, love to see this mod (but I'll jump in after finals due to time constraints.