Author Topic: Starpoint Gemini 2  (Read 764 times)

Offline Feargan

• Commodore
  • Unfound Engineer
    • UNFOUND
Starpoint Gemini 2
« on: February 03, 2015, 09:34:00 AM »
Starpoint Gemini 2

My wife got me playing this game: I love it.

The Awesome:
Indie Space sim, heavily moddable, lots of fun. Getting lots of post-launch attention too.
It reminds me of an EXTREMELY simplistic X3. Bunch o' the good stuff is there: Jump drives and gates, Riftways (Like surfing a space-wave down a space-river in a spaceship  :o ), Wormholes, Warring factions, sandbox play, pirate starts, BOARDING with troops to capture ships and sell/fly/keep them, unlimited garage space for ship collections which is (somehow) available at all stations, mercenaries/wingmen...
Also, since we all love 'em: Star Trek ships from mods
The Steam workshop makes the Mod installations automated too, which rocks, if you get it on Steam.

The Ugly:
1)Campaign(that I haven't finished): Good story so far, BAD voice acting in parts.
2)Somewhat resource intensive (Lag on my former rig in medium group fights). However the devs really have and continue to focus on optimization which dramatically improves with every patch.
3)Control Scheme learning curve: Different than what you may be used to using, but it works GREAT once you've figured it out (Keyboard/Mouse recommended, though controller support is there... mostly.)

I strongly recommend this one, I've had a great time with it.

UPDATE:
They finished fixing this game; gave it tons of love, a free DLC, some regular DLCs, and a further sequel called Starpoint Gemini: Warlords. Did you like Rebel Galaxy? You'll dig this.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 12:26:33 PM by Feargan »

Offline Craig

• Commodore
    • Buzz-Mobiles.com
Re: Starpoint Gemini 2
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 12:42:11 AM »
I have now picked this game up again after having to uninstal it due to lack of room on the Hard drive. Nice graphics and great space battles. Large playable map area with a good story mode to it. Will try spending some time on it once again.
I love cake, and HAMMERS

Come visit me at

http://RigsUK.com

Offline Feargan

• Commodore
  • Unfound Engineer
    • UNFOUND
Re: Starpoint Gemini 2
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 09:05:15 AM »
That really sounds like a great idea; it's been too long since I've had this game installed.
Time to start a new collection of some really badass ships. 8)