Author Topic: [FYI] A couple of stealthy changes Cryptic made...  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Daedrus

• Division Commander
[FYI] A couple of stealthy changes Cryptic made...
« on: March 29, 2015, 01:57:31 AM »
Not the bad kind for once!

First, Polarized Tetryon Beams, my personal favorite weapon for support builds, have been renamed "Resonating" and the 10% proc chance modifier is now indicated in the name, [Chance]. This may indicate that this modifier may appear on other weapons in future updates. Cool!

Edit: Cababs has pointed out that the proc chance has been nerfed to 5% (or perhaps the listing corrected.) That may have actually been wise. I've gotten all six of mine to XIV and they were a bit OP against NPCs.

Second, Embassy Romulan Consoles have been tweaked, namely the Plasma consoles. As you know, Embassy consoles are basically super-powered sci stat boosters with a secondary effect- either a hull or shield heal on-hit proc, or  The plasma infused variety used to apply a percentage damage boost to Plasma weapons, and add the standard plasma DoT proc to non-plasma weapons. Nice, but w/e.

NOT ANYMORE.

Now, it has a new proc called "Plasma Explosion." 2.5% chance to deal a pile of direct hull damage (it shows something like 1700 on my current ship) and create a green explosion in the process. It still applies to non-plasma weapons, but now works if you're already using plasma weapons! Plasma consoles don't affect that, it seems (I think?) but it does scale to mark level- mark 12 shows 1700ish, but mark 13 shows 2500(!) ish! In addition, it seems to chance-stack (having three equipped, it shows the 2.5% proc three times in a weapon's tooltip, and it seems to proc more than 2.5%. Groovy, until it gets nerfed.)

Downside: the damage boost given by plasma consoles is now labeled as "Plasma-based Exotic Damage" and doesn't seem to boost plasma energy damage anymore. In fact, I haven't the foggiest what the hell that means.

Overall, this seems to be a net gain, and the console has the potential to make sci-heavy ships a lot nastier.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 04:41:23 PM by Daedrus »

Offline Cababs

• Master General
Re: [FYI] A couple of stealthy changes Cryptic made...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 07:06:53 AM »
First, Polarized Tetryon Beams, my personal favorite weapon for support builds, have been renamed "Resonating" and the 10% proc chance modifier is now indicated in the name, [Chance]. This may indicate that this modifier may appear on other weapons in future updates. Cool!

Check This!
They changed the name and changed the chance, from 10% to 5% unless they changed it back. they are also making the "Delta Recruits" but I don't know if that is live yet.

I'm so behind the times on STO I don't event have and embassy consoles, the latest I got are the super tac consoles
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (can vary on monthly basis)
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
RAM: 8GB
External GFX card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB

Offline Daedrus

• Division Commander
Re: [FYI] A couple of stealthy changes Cryptic made...
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 04:38:49 PM »
You're right, they did nerf the proc chance! (Or perhaps they just changed the listing. It didn't seem to be quite 10% before). OP edited.

They also added a 30 minute cooldown to the Argala sector, which was very popular as a grinder.

"Delta Recruits" looks interesting. Might be worth making a new toon for.

I never had use for the embassy consoles outside sci/plasma builds before now. Might slap one in my glass cannon once the drain boat is fully upgraded.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 04:48:07 PM by Daedrus »