Author Topic: The Season 10 Review  (Read 1300 times)

Offline Daedrus

• Division Commander
The Season 10 Review
« on: May 08, 2015, 01:16:38 AM »
Well, here we are with another content drop. I wanted to wait for the Pilot ships- probably will be snagging one at some point.

Let's get down to it:

+Sector Space. Badly needed upgrade. Gone are sector blocks- now there is Alpha, Beta, and Delta Quadrants and the graphics look way better. The cost of transwarping to a mission destination is now calculated based on distance. And if you didn't put skill into Driver coil, you can now just set a course and go visit the loo- no more interacting at sector borders unless it's in another quadrant.

+ They fixed (kinda) the DX11 C2D graphics bug. Now it just makes objects turn into rainbows of polygons.

+The Heralds. They look cool, their ships look cool and their weapons look cool.

However, Craig might wanna bring an action, because Cryptic seems to have borrowed the likeness of his hammer with the "Defiler" mob:

+Shooting shit with Tom Paris. Nuff said.

+The Pilot ships look awesome, have 5 guns at the fore, are available to all factions, and are basically sweet.

+New content is generally cool and launch bugs were fixed with very unusual haste.

+Story. I won't spoil it, but will say that I hated the breen plot and laughed a lot.

+The rep stuff/powers are pretty solid this time around. BUT

-Radiant AP weapons. Basically look like normal AP weapons and work pretty good, and SOUND cool... but failed-kidney-piss-YELLOW?! AGAIN?!

I mean, really. That's the third yellow thing they've put since DR. Fetish much? Meanwhile, the Heralds get awesome dark blue AP weapons. I WANT THOSE, NOT YOUR PISS BLASTERS.

(probably in the Iconian lock box that's certainly coming)

-New PvEs. I mean, they're not bad and the voice acting isn't shit, but they're a bit dull.

-They should just have different panes for space and ground traits. Since we can basically switch them at will anyway...

Well, that's my grumbling for tonight. See you guys in-game.

Offline Feargan

• Commodore
  • Unfound Engineer
    • UNFOUND
Re: The Season 10 Review
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 07:42:06 AM »
Thanks Daedrus, great review. I'll get in game and see what's up with this Tom Paris mission to smoke bitches... that sounds rather cool.  8)

Offline Craig

• Unfound Original
    • Buzz-Mobiles.com
Re: The Season 10 Review
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 11:23:09 AM »
hahaha my hammer is bigger then that!
I love cake, and HAMMERS

Come visit me at

http://RigsUK.com