Author Topic: Got me a Nandi, and it's pretty dandy  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Daedrus

• Division Commander
Got me a Nandi, and it's pretty dandy
« on: July 05, 2015, 11:45:58 PM »
This is probably the best free ship ever to be tossed out to us. The Sarr Theln was nice but lacks versatility and accessibility. This has all that and a bag of grubs. (Trait/Specialization guide is forthcoming)

If you like the Breen Chel Grett Warship (one of the ones you can get during the winter event) you'll LOVE this. I hope you guys flew around on Risa. :) Its console and Boff slots are very similar- tac/sci emphasis at expense of eng. 13 abilities, but over SIX BOFF SLOTS. SIX.

+: Has the D'Kora bridge, complete with all the features including the dabo table, trader NPC, Bank/mail/Exchange terminals, etc.

+The mastery chain is pure win. First 4 boost accuracy, crit severity, crit chance, and base damage. The starship trait

+If you have the Battle Module 3000 from the D'Kora, it works on this ship and there's a set bonus with the console this comes with that boosts kinetic damage, kinetic damage resistance, and turn rate. That's just one approach to this. I won't be going that way but it could be cool on a sci-aiming build or a kinetic-damage build.

+Lends itself to a DHC/turret build OR a beam-scort build, or even a sci-oriented harassment build.

+FAST- not as much as the Grett, but play the consoles and traits right and it becomes speedy enough to use DHCs effectively.

+Sci/Pilot Lt. Commander slot. I haven't even looked into pilot abilities yet but this adds a measure of versatility.

-Really weak in the Eng department with 2 console slots and 2 low-end boff slots. No Dragon/A2B here kids... but it'll do Drake if you can afford the DOFFs.

-It's backwards.

Anyway. Three builds come to mind. Six BOFF slots means an extra passive trait.

If you're Romulan, DPS is your best bet here. Here are my 2 DPS builds (one largely ported from my Raider, the other in the not-too-near future)

These are base builds, fill out the remainders however you like.

Boffs: Put the Space Potato in the sci slot for the Raider/Efficient buffs. The rest should ALL be Romulans with the Superior Romulan Operative space trait. Holy crits!

Traits: The ones with crits and speed and stuff. The Delta Trait that heals on crit will be very useful because once you level this you'll be critting every 3-4 shots.

Romulan Tac DHC DPS:

Front: 4x Fleet AP DHC (crit mods), (or Iconian Rep ones including the special one... bonus, it'll look kinda canon)
Rear: 1x R&D Omni AP beam, 1x Ancient Omni AP beam, Maybe kinetic Omni Beam from Omega Rep

Equip Shields/Engines to taste... I'm using the Aegis set but the Iconian set or maybe the Borg set would do really well here.

Warp: Iconian or Ancient Obelisk

Consoles: in Tac, 5 AP crit consoles, or 4 w/Iconian Rep Console/something else. In Eng, the Polaric Modulator and a Fleet Neutronium with Turn Rate. In Sci... w/e (ideally Ass. Module and Romulan Rep Console should be there, maybe the 8472 console too and/or the bio-neural gel packs) A plasmonic leech is recommended.

In picking consoles, do 2 and 2 or 2 and 3 of chance and severity. If you want to be uniform about it go all severity to make AP alpha into the fuckening.

Romulan Tac BFAW Boat

Same as above. If you like beams the same color, use one omni in front and back and go Fleet Crit Severity AP beams.
If you want to use Iconian Rep AB beams (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO COMP FOR LACK OF HULL HEALS, also because you can get them with a +50!!! Crit Severity bonus) go for the Advanced one from the rep as well as 7 with CritDx2 (pick other trait to taste- Acc, Damage, or my choice of CritH)

You definitely want the Iconian console here if you're using the Iconian rep beams.

In addition, the Iconian space set is SOLID on this build. Just drop in all of those.

Power to the weapons first on all of these. Mmmmmmmm.

Non-Romulan Drain Build (ideally Fed)

If you don't have 5 Romulan operatives (in short, if your toon isn't a pointy-eared backstabber) this is better used as a sci-aimed ship. My preferred sci-aimed ship is the DRAIN BOAT FROM HELL.

This has the potential to be have all the nastiness of my Breen Drain carrier with none of the drawbacks (though it won't be as tanky, I suspect)

Lay out BOFF traits how you like them. Ideally you want Efficient, maybe Leadership, and one Space Potato. You could optionally put two Embassy Superior Rom Operatives in the tac consoles.

You probably want AP Beta. BTS III is good too, though that does lower DPS, it's icing on the drain cake... icing you just licked off of your enemy's derelict hulk.

High Flow Caps is a MUST-HAVE on this build.

Weapons: You want the Tholian Rep DBB and 7 Resonating Tetryon Beams.

Deflector: Anything that gives a big boost to Flow Caps. I use a Tachyon with that modifier, and Jem'Hadar is a good one for this too.

Shields/Engines to taste. Borg might be good. Omega is what I'd use for the extra shield drain.

Warp Core: Aux ->Weapons, ideally. Your call from there.

Consoles: Nukara Rep console for the accuracy bonus/Flow Cap bonus. Romulan console for the Aux bonus/crit bonus. Flow cap consoles on ALL 4 sci slots. Plasmonic Leech is a must to maximize DPS. Maybe Gel Packs. This would actually benefit from fleet Tetryon consoles so add to taste. Maybe the Ass. module too.

Must-have Powers: Tach Beam III, and Tach Beam 2. 2 Energy Siphons also. You might want BTS 3, or APB3/APB2.

Power to Aux first and Weapons second, or the other way around. The leech and Energy Siphon will fill the second up nicely. Minimize others.

The Greedy Emitters trait is super useful here. Whenever Energy Siphon, Tyken's Rift, or Tachyon beam are used it halves weapon power consumption, nearly immunizes you to drain powers, and boosts all power levels by 2.5... with a 30 second cooldown.

Oh yes. This is going to be very,  VERY mean.

Offline Feargan

• Commodore
  • Unfound Engineer
    • UNFOUND
Re: Got me a Nandi, and it's pretty dandy
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 08:25:14 AM »
Nice build structures! You never cease to impress Daedrus.  :o
Cababs has a Nandi too, so I'm sure we'll see several iterations of these structures get field tested.
I was thinking about getting this thing just for the console for my D'Kora, but from the way you've laid out these builds it seems like a completely viable (and vicious) ship on its own!  :)

Fine... I'll go back to Risa for more Jamaharon with that damned selfish event coordinator... never gives a reach-around and still won't look me in the eye afterwards!  >:(

Offline Daedrus

• Division Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 01:49:05 AM »
Yeah, it's a nice little ship.

Fine... I'll go back to Risa for more Jamaharon with that damned selfish event coordinator... never gives a reach-around and still won't look me in the eye afterwards!  >:(

I hear she's into motorboats.

Offline Feargan

• Commodore
  • Unfound Engineer
    • UNFOUND
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 07:29:39 AM »
SHE?!?   :o
You mean this whole time...
She's the... and he isn't...
Oh. Oh my...  :-[