Author Topic: Stardew Valley  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Craig

• Commodore
Stardew Valley
« on: July 04, 2016, 02:40:33 AM »
Stardew Valley is an open-ended country-life RPG! You’ve inherited your grandfather’s old farm plot in Stardew Valley. Armed with hand-me-down tools and a few coins, you set out to begin your new life. Can you learn to live off the land and turn these overgrown fields into a thriving home? It won’t be easy. Ever since Joja Corporation came to town, the old ways of life have all but disappeared. The community center, once the town’s most vibrant hub of activity, now lies in shambles. But the valley seems full of opportunity. With a little dedication, you might just be the one to restore Stardew Valley to greatness!

I seen this game around on Twitch earlier in the year and was interested, It's the first time the game has been on sale since release so thought I'd give it a try. The graphics are a top down, side scrolling 2D dream. Not massive detail but the old style Final Fantasy type game play, with a side order of farming, husbandry and romance. You slowly do missions and task for the town folk through out the valley and you return it, bit by bit to its glory. I spent a good 30 hours over 3 days playing my first save and I am no way near finishing or near finishing. There is areas to unlock and further explore once completing the tasks and collections at the community center.

This isn't a game I would normal shout around the water cooler about but i really like this game, it's entertaining, enjoyable, light hearted and has a Cassy look about it. I hope the Dev's expand on it more by adding DLC or even Workshop content to make it last through the ages.

http://stardewvalleywiki.com/Stardew_Valley_Wiki
I love cake, and HAMMERS

Offline Feargan

• Commodore
  • Unfound Engineer
    • UNFOUND
Re: Stardew Valley
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 09:03:48 AM »
Looks relaxing and entertaining; I may give this a go.

Offline Craig

• Commodore
Re: Stardew Valley
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 01:21:57 PM »
PUT AWAY THE GUNS AND KNIVES AND TAKE UP THE SPADE AND FORK, DIG IN THE DIRT AND BECOME THE ULTIMATE FARMER.
I love cake, and HAMMERS