Author Topic: Fleet Uniform  (Read 2165 times)

Offline Rutherford30

• Unfound Participant
Fleet Uniform
« on: August 30, 2016, 10:28:28 PM »
Ok guys I just wanted to share how I'm running around STO when I do things to give our fleet seen. I usually only wear my Unfound uniform when I'm on fleet property or performing PVE ground missions to show off the uniform in which that is Unfound.

Now, because I hate the Sierra style Starfleet Uniform, and being a Marine and enjoy following regulations (silly for a game I know, but hey I'm into it lol). I wanted to share what I'm doing. How did I modify the fleet uniform you might ask? Well I just brought it into Starfleet Uniform Regulation. I did this when I was a Redshirt too, but I didn't have to alter anything at all I just switched it too fleet uniform Odyssey to give that regulation look.

I didn't change anything other than, because it's the Odyssey style I included my career path in the uniform cleverly so people can see that I'm Tactical. Rank matches the default commbadge default color. Gloves secondary color matches standard shoulder color. I'll attach a picture tell me what you think! I feel flashy in it, looks pretty good I might add.

Tell me what you think! :D

Alexi

Offline Feargan

• Commodore
  • Unfound Engineer
    • UNFOUND
Re: Fleet Uniform
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 10:07:20 AM »
Excellent colors; good, crisp layout. I'm especially a fan of the very smooth career color integration. I'd like to see what you did with the pants and shoes as well.

It's fuckin' excellent to know you're showing the flag with style. We don't have any strict rules regarding our fleet uniform, so, of course, wear whatever you want... but this is on track to be an official Unfound uniform once we get others' opinions. I'm calling this the Alexi Variant Fleet Uniform so I can refer to it easily.
Bottom line: I like the cut of your jib; well done.  8)

Offline Rutherford30

• Unfound Participant
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 10:22:23 AM »
 :D Glad you like it Feargan! If you wanna run around the galaxy in that Variant I will be more than happy to report what colors are used, as I'm sure you see that inbetween the career path is a brilliant lighter color to give distinction. I did get complimented in Chat with it last night so that's bad ass! I just wish I could get my game to load it is stuck on the splash screen "Loading Agents of Yesterday" but in the bottom left hand corner it says "Materials Reloaded". I'll figure it out, uninstalling and reinstalling did not solve  the issue.

Alexi

Offline Feargan

• Commodore
  • Unfound Engineer
    • UNFOUND
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 10:42:49 AM »
I just wish I could get my game to load it is stuck on the splash screen "Loading Agents of Yesterday" but in the bottom left hand corner it says "Materials Reloaded". I'll figure it out, uninstalling and reinstalling did not solve  the issue.

Alexi

My best suggestion would be to change what DirectX version is being used in the STO settings, which should be accessible through the launcher. Lots of people have to use DirectX 9 as opposed to DX11 to solve problems like the one you're experiencing. Hope that helps, please do keep us posted.

Offline Craig

• Unfound Original
    • Buzz-Mobiles.com
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 05:28:32 PM »
Think our fleet colour is Orange so if it has Orange it's good. I did try designing better fleet uniforms for the fleet but they all have to be the bog standard shit that STO provide on the free to play side of things. So we get dealt shit we have to play with shit. Feel free to make a few of your own.
I love cake, and HAMMERS

Come visit me at

http://RigsUK.com

Offline Rutherford30

• Unfound Participant
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 10:32:32 PM »
Oh no worries, I love the orange color! My last fleet had black shoulder pads and a white shirt, black pants regardless your stature. They had a rule that you couldn't wear your current pips on their uniform, which I found to be stingy. I'm proud of finally making Captain last week, and almost to Rear Admiral Lower Half, so I am very happy I can display my tenure in Starfleet on my fleet uniform here. The rank in the fleet I'm at pays a lot of homage to the Voyager and DS9 and the Generations movie where the color is on the shoulders with a black rest of the uniform. I think it's awesome that we can do a small amount of personalizing to the fleet uniform. I did treat myself to purchasing the dress uniform from our fleet starbase and for shits and giggles I did see what our uniform looks like in that and it's pretty tight 8). I think I got my game to work, so when I log in I will post to this thread on how it should be in Odyssey by default with my rank and what I did to show career path! :D

Alexi 

Offline Rutherford30

• Unfound Participant
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 11:38:13 PM »
Welp, my print screen only produces black images now so I'll do it old school :D

Guide to creating the Alexi Odyseey Starfleet Regulation Compliant Uniform

Ok, so when you select your fleet uniform and select Odyssey it will automatically populate the color scheme appropriately according. Remember this is a free uniform :P. I only spend money rarely on this game.

So when you select Odyssey for your upper it will be: 1: I9 2: I23 3: I23 4: I23

Your commbadge will be: A9

You'll also see that everything else once changed to Odyssey will be I9

My color scheme is this:

Upper: 1: I9 2: A8 3: I21 4: I23

Commbadge: A9

Belt Odyssey: 1: I9 2: I9 3: I21 4: I23

I wear gloves and have some gear on, but I just matched my glove outline to the same color as the shoulders.

Nothing too drastic, but there ya go! The Redshirt Odyssey Varient had no changes whatsoever in all honesty it translated very well. I'm sure as I move up the ranks that the other Odyssey versions will translate better, because they have more colors.

Feargan, I mainly did this for you man haha. 8)

Enjoy it, love it, and do it up!

As you guys can tell my spirit has well been unfound. That is pretty punny in the lamest ass way come to think about it. KEEPING IT!

Alexi

Offline Craig

• Unfound Original
    • Buzz-Mobiles.com
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 03:20:45 PM »
Oh no worries, I love the orange color! My last fleet had black shoulder pads and a white shirt, black pants regardless your stature. They had a rule that you couldn't wear your current pips on their uniform, which I found to be stingy.

Wow, rules, really..... We don't have any major rules, just respect for each other and that is about it. Before Unfound I had a fleet with loads shitty rules, i didn't last long. My anarchist behavior soon run rampant.
I love cake, and HAMMERS

Come visit me at

Offline Rutherford30

• Unfound Participant
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 10:18:27 PM »
Craig when I read that I couldn't help but recount Emperor Palpatine in Return of the Jedi telling Luke, "Yes feeeel your hate boy, STRIKE ME DOWN with your lightsaber" haha. I'm all about this place. I was telling my wife how nice it is to meet a bunch a people who love the same shit I do and have similar ideals and philosophies.

Wanna know what gets me? Just because we're a little rough doesn't mean we're assholes, and people misunderstand that. We're the group of people who go above and beyond the call of duty to help others, but throw down when necessary with zero fucks to give. Giving credit where credit is due and holding those accountable when others are to scared to do so.

Craig can you PM me all the benefits of paying 60 bucks for No Man's Sky? It looks so good and I've watched so many youtubers playing it. :P That's how I play games I can't afford, I just live vicariously through others that have money haha.

Offline Craig

• Unfound Original
    • Buzz-Mobiles.com
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 12:03:15 PM »
We're all about love here at Unfound lol, This picture best describes that love.
I love cake, and HAMMERS

Come visit me at

Offline Craig

• Unfound Original
    • Buzz-Mobiles.com
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2016, 12:12:00 PM »
No mans sky..... Hummm. We most likely have a strong difference on opinion on that game here at Unfound. My review on the game wasn't the most forgiving of reviews. I will copy and paste a link to a blog i have for games and you can give it a read.

No Man's Sky Review http://mygameingreview.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/no-mans-sky-well-hype-is-over.html
I love cake, and HAMMERS

Come visit me at

Offline Feargan

• Commodore
  • Unfound Engineer
    • UNFOUND
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2016, 09:28:39 AM »
Welp, my print screen only produces black images now so I'll do it old school :D

For STO screenshots, you will want to use " /screenshot " in the chat window. Parameters for that command (such as .jpg format, HUD or no HUD, etc.) should pop up above the chat window after typing it in. You'll find the images you capture in a screenshots directory within the STO program installation path.
(i.e. - <~Install Path~>\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots) Hope that's helpful.

Feargan, I mainly did this for you man haha. 8)
Thanks man, we won't let it go to waste. I'm rather busy this week and next, but soon Craig and I will get on STO and revitalize the fleet uniforms, probably going to use this design as a baseline for at least a couple uniforms, if not all of them.

Offline Rutherford30

• Unfound Participant
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2016, 08:58:28 PM »
Wow! :D That is legit! Hey for free Odyssey just makes things look pretty tight guys lol. I wasn't kidding about that. I'm almost to Rear Admiral-Upper Half so that is pretty exciting! I can't wait to level 50 that way I can use the extra uniform pack. I'm also having fun with the TOS Agents of Yesterday feature. I think that is awesome that you guys look at my design and see that it has worth! 8) that makes my day!

No mans sky..... Hummm. We most likely have a strong difference on opinion on that game here at Unfound. My review on the game wasn't the most forgiving of reviews. I will copy and paste a link to a blog i have for games and you can give it a read.

I read your review that you recommended for me Craig on this game and I am terribly sorry that 60ish bucks only got you to have 50 hours with fun. I have only invested like 10 bucks into STO and I love it. I think another game you guys would enjoy is World of Warships :D. Who doesn't enjoy sinking WWI and WWII naval vessels? Craig especially for you they are working on getting their HMS fleets up to the release, but I enjoy it.

I see a list of other games you enjoy let me know what else you play and I'll jump on board that :D

Alexi

Offline Craig

• Unfound Original
    • Buzz-Mobiles.com
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2016, 07:52:28 AM »
:'( yeah, kind of not gone back to it, was very disappointed after the hype train literally hyped it up. The review is obviously my own opinion on the game and not everyone would agree with that but, I know a good game when I see one. I spend a fair bit on Sto, mainly Life Time sub and a few bits of Zen here and there to get a ship or two, But I worked out my total time played over all my tons on Star Trek and since release I have played well over 7000 hours may be more as at one point i did kinda have 28 toons... They were days, when a dilithium grind was funny.   8) ;D ;D
I love cake, and HAMMERS

Come visit me at

Offline Rutherford30

• Unfound Participant
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2016, 02:08:34 PM »
Now that I am a Section Cheif here is how I modified it for the Odyssey Uniform! 8)