Author Topic: STO Console Unfound Fleet?  (Read 975 times)

Offline GIJoe173rdAbn

• Unfound Initiate
STO Console Unfound Fleet?
« on: September 11, 2016, 07:06:48 PM »
Hey everyone, I haven't been around for awhile, but I have recently returned from a pretty long gaming hiatus, and while I still am going to be active on the PC, I recently downloaded STO on my PS4, and the biggest flaw I can see is that there is no Fleet UNFOUND. I just wanted to know who all has a PS4 and would be willing to help set up an UNFOUND fleet. I do not own an XBOX ONE, but those of you with one should set one up too. I don't think we should allow any version of this game to go without an UNFOUND Fleet.

Offline Rutherford30

• Unfound Participant
Re: STO Console Unfound Fleet?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 09:32:56 PM »
:D I like that idea a lot! I'm new to Unfound GIJoe173rdAbn, and judging by the s/n I see that you are a military veteran? Let me know, because if that is so I'm a Marine Corps Veteran! It's always nice to run into more vets. I'm gonna break down your post with some thoughts and reservations that I have about STO for console.

Star Trek Online for PS4

Is it worth it? Though I think it's amazing that they finally got it down for everything finally 6 years later to look smoother and so forth, I have reservations about playing on my console. The main reason is because my wife and I are heavy console gamer's as-well-as PC gamer's (mainly free or low price indie games from Steam) we view MMO's as something we should play on PC rather than console so that the other has the freedom to either watch TV or play console, while the other plays PC or retro console in the back room. So my availability specifically for PS4 concerning STO would be very unreliable, because of it's availability  to me via PC and my wife's preference to have the freedom to play Wii U or PS4 herself. I would only play it on the PS4 if all of my account info transferred over to what I have on my account and I'm unsure if it does that. But then again I would have to be away, and though I don't see me taking my PS4 with me anywhere this is why I'm hesitant to play an already amazing game that I enjoy on PC on PS4. :P I consider my wife's gaming needs. It's how we get through tough days from work haha.

Unfound on Console

I do think this idea you have is a great idea for STO, though I wouldn't be able to realistically take part in it for STO, but I think it would be great for us as a fleet to ban together in other games that don't have fleet options. Like Star Wars Battlefront. I need more people to play together with in Fighter Squadron and the other maps that are FPS for example. :D I do like that idea though, so I'm game for Star Wars Battlefront in that regard, my wife would be okay with that, because it's a game I can only play on the PS4. But then again scheduling is gonna be hard because I'm EST United States and I work weird hours lol. Soon i'll be doing a 3:30pm-12am shift from the 17th of this month forward until I can bid on a shift again.

Good idea's there non-the less so I hope we can attract some gamer's who will be introduced to STO via console and the nice part is using the consoles in game communication features etc. So I'll be following this idea to see how it goes!

Alexi

Offline GIJoe173rdAbn

• Unfound Initiate
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 09:55:47 PM »
Even if you aren't available to play, would you be willing to download it and get to lvl 5 to help found a Fleet to give us a start?

Offline Rutherford30

• Unfound Participant
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 12:11:03 AM »
I could try, but I would have to contend with my wife's wants. Because I work so late in the evening I don't wanna come home at Midnight and just steal the tv from here to play something that I can play  from my laptop. I might have time during the day when she is at work, but I would have to let you know. :) All I can do is try, but I can't promise that I will be able to keep up with it or attain lv 5 in a timely manner on the PS4 version.

Offline Feargan

• Commodore
  • Unfound Engineer
    • UNFOUND
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 08:25:56 AM »
I didn't realize that STO for consoles would be on servers that don't have any cross-communication with the PC servers at all. At least we can be certain their reason for this had nothing to do with game balance (STO devs don't believe in that kind of thing). That's terrible for the console gamers since it will take years for them to have the resources we have as a well-established fleet. Regardless, making an UNFOUND fleet on the console servers will still be awesome. I would gladly help start one, alas, I will never own another console after owning four damned XBox360s and having to repeatedly repair each one myself. Hopefully there will be some way to assist from the PC servers someday, but until then, the best I can do is offer suggestions and be there for you all here and on teamspeak.

...I don't think we should allow any version of this game to go without an UNFOUND Fleet.
You're hired. You are clearly the right person for this epic endeavor. My first suggestion is to start off strong like the bad-ass you are: Get your new character up to your personally desired level of muster. By then, you should have enough Energy Credits to compensate four other people from ESD zone around 100K EC each to spend a few minutes in your team while you create the new UNFOUND fleet division. After creation, pay everyone their due and either kick them from the fleet, tell them they can leave, or tell them they can stay if they want and just see who sticks around; it's your call. From there, it's almost all recruiting. When recruiting, do remember to send an Orientation Letter to every new member, otherwise people tend to get lost and leave. I'm betting the instructions for joining UNFOUND chat on that letter will need changes for the console version. Hopefully some of us will have a console and want to give this a shot with you, but we'll definitely be available on teamspeak to assist; we'll see you there.  8)

Offline Rutherford30

• Unfound Participant
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 11:06:10 PM »
I'm almost certain that the servers are strictly limited to each desired console. I'm sure there is an Xbox server for Xbox STO players and a PS4 server for PS4 STO players. This is how it works for Star Wars Battlefront a game on PC, Xbox One, and PS4.....I don't have a computer good enough to play it on PC so I opted to play that game on the PS4. This is something to keep in consideration. I think it's a damn great idea, but someone who has an Xbox One will need to do what GIJoe173rdAbn is doing on the PS4 with STO at the same time.

Is there an Unfound Fleet for the 23rd Century Agents Of Yesterday gameplay for the PC? :)

Alexi