Author Topic: Raspberry pi  (Read 964 times)

Offline Craig

• Unfound Original
    • Buzz-Mobiles.com
Raspberry pi
« on: October 03, 2016, 02:34:54 PM »
Just made a fantastic discovery. If you own every gaming console since the dawn of gaming then sell, sell, sell now because this little beast will have them all dead and buried very soon. Raspberry Pi is a simple, tiny perspex box which they are calling a console and it basically allows you to play every classic game from the dawn of gaming.

Play NES, SEGA, SNES, MSDOS, COMMODORE 64, ATARI, NINTENDO 64, AMIGA, APPLE II, DREAMCAST, GAMEBOY, PC, PS1, PS2, X box, and sooo many more, more then 50 consoles and gaming systems since time began, and you can fit it the palm of your hand and on a 64GB Micro SB. Utter awesome, this has just made my day.

Better still you can optimize any, I say again ANY control from any console by just plugging in and assigning buttons on the control. You can customize the console and make your own by purchasing the components separately or buy one pre made, but I know those of you who are tech savvy will be more then up to the challenge.

I love cake, and HAMMERS

Come visit me at

http://RigsUK.com

Offline Rutherford30

• Unfound Participant
Re: Raspberry pi
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 01:36:43 AM »
:D yay! Finally someone who has found out the awesomeness and the badassery of the Raspberry Pi! Many of gamer's will play this off as a myth but with science anything is possible! I still prefer emulators and an xbox 360 controller to play on my PC.

THOUGH THAT BEING SAID! If anyone who LOVES LOVES LOVES The Metroid Series I have the brilliance in my possess known as AMR2 "Another Metroid Remake 2" based off the clunker gamboy edition Metroid 2. It's completely remade and awesome if anyone wants it let me know :)

Offline Craig

• Unfound Original
    • Buzz-Mobiles.com
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 09:13:20 AM »
Most defiantly not a myth my friend, I was playing some old Atari games and the original Mario World from very first Nintendo last night. The whole idea was dreamed up from an emulator, and like you said you prefer them, and I have to admit, I also prefer them too. You can easily download every known game from the last 30 years to a hard drive and then use a desk top emulator. I tried to explain this to my brother who still though the Pi was better. I do admit though, they do look cool. But I will stick with me PC. Good old games are also doing some great work in regards to remastering older games.
I love cake, and HAMMERS

Come visit me at

http://RigsUK.com

Offline Feargan

• Commodore
  • Unfound Engineer
    • UNFOUND
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 01:31:18 PM »
That looks awesome! My PSP is software modded out to emulate anything up to PS1, even a buggy N64; but the Holy Grail of retro gaming for me is rewind mode for anything and everything.  I'm guessing https://retropie.org.uk/ is being used for the frontend here, which is similar to/a fork of what I used (RetroInvader/RetroArch) to make rewind mode work for PS1 and N64 on my PC. I'm really surprised that the Raspberry Pi is emulating PS2 and beyond... that is BADASS & FUCKING SEXY! Now I want one.

... If anyone who LOVES LOVES LOVES The Metroid Series
That egregiously understates my love of The Metroid Series.

I have the brilliance in my possess known as AMR2 "Another Metroid Remake 2" based off the clunker gamboy edition Metroid 2. It's completely remade and awesome if anyone wants it let me know :)

You had me at Metroid. **Does Research**
Now that I know something about AM2R: Another Metroid 2 Remake...
I NEED THIS.
I think I have found a copy of version 1.1 and am downloading now.
Here's the project blog with the last post being the music that would've been in version 1.2 and the statement that there will be no more updates.
Sadness... Perhaps there will be an underground release or someone else picking up the project who doesn't give a damn about the DMCA.
In any case: Time to test AM2R ver1.1   ;D

Offline Rutherford30

• Unfound Participant
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 11:21:41 PM »
Feargan!

:D You made me laugh! What pissed me off was that the day I decided to download it after putting off was the day Nintendo had to lawyer it up with the remake dev. But Yes I have been enjoying the crap out of that remake and it certainly gives you that Zero Mission feel which is just never going to get old for me EVER EVER EVER!

The way he remade it for people like me whom are completionist where the original lacked is just fantastic for me! The only Metroid game I felt was underloved by Nintendo was Other M but still loved it regardless. I guess that game is like Metallica's St. Anger album....but I need not say more because that will just open up a whole huge can of worms I don't want to entertain haha.

Craig,

The Raspberry Pi is such a cool little device though, and what I love better is that you can build it yourself if you don't want to pay someone or ask someone to do it for you. For the inner tech guy inside each and everyone of us it is a rewarding feeling when you build the thing you'll enjoy retro games on for sure! At least this is how I feel when I tried to make my own game once that never got finished except music. I'm a composer not a game dev, but at least I have a really cool EDM album out of it lol.

That is all gents stay badass!