Author Topic: Osiris New Dawn  (Read 996 times)

Offline Craig

• Commodore
Osiris New Dawn
« on: December 26, 2016, 01:00:38 AM »
The game is a space survival 3rd/1st person shooter with a strong play for building your own settlement. You can go it alone or play with friends. Starting in a planet that is ravaged by storms of all kinds, which vary from wind and rain, rain and wind, wind, just rain or the odd meteor shower that seems to lock on to your face from orbit. You get the feel that the planet is a right asshole towards you.

There are many dangers lurking in the sand storms including sand worms, bugs and the odd spiked ball plant. Venturing from your habitat grants you a breath taking view of the planet you're orbiting and the surrounding system. It really looks very nice. Venturing too far will grant you the opportunity to gather better resources, however, level 3 and 4 bi-pod alien creatures are waiting for you and not to mention a 500 foot long snake. Think of DUNE.

There is a chance to level up in different categories in the game and this allows you to unlock more things to build and use. There are some creepy scary moments in the game which are enhanced by some quality creepy music themes and so far my time playing has been fun. You can build mech walkers, dune buggies, and a space ship, but getting to this stage will present challenges.

Draw backs are that the game is unfinished and pre alpha. But its a good pre alpha. Sometimes crashes. This is about it. If you're not into pre ejaculate games then wait for a while until full release this one is worth a look at in the future with more planets larger aliens and bigger space guns.

There is a multiplayer version of the game so you can team up with friends and seriously kick some alien ass.

At the moment I'd give this a 7/10 rating.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 09:10:43 AM by Feargan »
I love cake, and HAMMERS

Offline Feargan

• Commodore
  • Unfound Engineer
    • UNFOUND
Re: Osiris New Dawn
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 09:35:33 AM »
Sounds kick-ass; especially the multiplayer possibilities. Recent early-access ("pre-ejaculate" <- Wife and I got a great laugh out of that) debacles will keep me from buying anything early-access for quite some time, so I hope this doesn't stay in that state for very long. Shows quite a bit of promise in any case...

...AND THEN I WATCHED THE TRAILER!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/402710/   :o

Yep, I'm having that.

Offline Craig

• Commodore
Re: Osiris New Dawn
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 09:13:15 AM »
HOLY SHIT !!!! They updated the trailer on steam. There was no space stations before. How awesome does it look now. I played some bad pre Alpha games in past but this to be honest is surprisingly good for the length of time spent on the game.
I love cake, and HAMMERS