Author Topic: October 25th Update  (Read 983 times)

Offline Alexi

• Unfound Participant
October 25th Update
« on: October 20, 2016, 11:51:59 PM »
My Thoughts

So I read the update that is taking place for STO on the 25th and I'm pretty excited about it! The devs are actually going to bring us a pretty bad ass story arc for the Agents of Yesterday story arc where we get to chill and hang out with the Lukari. I vaguely remember Dr. Crusher using the Enterprise D to perform a c-section on one trying to give birth as the youngling nursed from the Enterprise. I think it's awesome that they are doing something with that, but what I am not excited about is giving attention to another toon lol. Aside from that whether or not I actually play out that story arc right away what I am very excited about is the graphics being updated and polished to what they designed for the Xbox One and Playstation 4. The only thing I hope when they do an overall graphics upgrade during this update is fix all the game breakage that currently exists. Who in the fuck will be pleased to see game breaking glitches in better graphics? I surely  won't, so I hope they resolve those errs as well. That would be pretty amazing if they did, which could explain why they ignore many attempts to requests that I've been seeing in zone chat apart from you guys.

My overall experience with the game is changing now that I'm learning about consoles. I don't even know how the hell I made it as far as I did not understanding consoles. I feel like I am doing much better at building a good cruiser now that I literally just spent an entire night using the exchange to acquire new consoles to compliment my build. The only thing that tears through my ship extremely fast really is anti-weapons really. Since I chose to use quantum torpedo's I made sure that I got the right TAC console to help add damage ratings to that as well as more phaser relays etc.

I can't wait to see what the game looks like on the updated graphics. Personally I really don't want to play the game on the PS4. Mainly because I feel console games and PC games ultimately should well be separate if that makes sense. I wanna play console games that were specifically designed for consoles and I wanna play PC games that were specifically designed for PC's. Like Mirror's Edge series I would totally love to really play that for PC, even though it's released on console I just feel like i'll get ripped off the experience since it was for PC first. Back to STO though my wife and I talked about it and she feels it would be unfair for me to play that on our PS4 just for the simple fact she doesn't really play PC games as often as I do. So she wants the availability of our consoles to play while I'm off saving the galaxy from whatever threatens the Federation haha. I won't lie I have to agree with her, because well it makes sense really. I'd rather be tying up my lappy instead of our main tv. Getting the graphic overhaul will be nice and further nullify the urge to check out STO for console, not only that I don't want to get confused on controller back to keyboard and mouse play haha.

These are my thoughts though, so have fun what are you the readers thoughts?

Go forth and be bad ass

Alexi

Offline Feargan

• Commodore
  • Unfound Engineer
    • UNFOUND
Re: October 25th Update
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 01:35:19 PM »
Thoughts...
STO on console; not going to try it myself.
I'm too spoiled on my keybinds and just overall used to the PC interface. Also, I don't have a PS4 or XB1.
As for the new content... I'll reserve judgement for now. There has been word of some serious issues; ask Gregzilla about those.
Cool so far: The new "K-13" Fleet Holding is up...
We're getting our own 23rd century bar.  8)

Offline Cababs

• Commodore
Re: October 25th Update
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 02:24:37 PM »
Holy shit, 4GB download... for me it will be downloaded Tuesday...... like 3 Tuesdays away XD. be nice to see the gfx updates
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (can vary on monthly basis)
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
RAM: 8GB
External GFX card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB